Films focusing on unique regional stories
- Habi (10:26) – In Nabunturan traditional weavers eke out their livelihood, hoping to pass on a culture threatened by modernity.
- Moru No Man’s Land (16:25) – A young man is drawn to a mysterious bell tower.
- Within the Firing Line (11:00) – Set in Maguindanao, a wounded rebel leader meets a famished evacuee.
- Pawas (19:54) – The residents of the marshland struggle to live amidst strife, yet the hope for peace still flickers.
- Ang Ikaduhang Pagbalik (25:38) – A man decides to follow a mysterious pastor to his church in a remote village.
- God Bliss our Home (1:14:17) – For Nawruz, home is where the heart is.
- Hugo (A Past Revealed) (36:06) – A documentary feature about the Bul-ul in the Cordilleras.
- Taga-Dahican (23:31) – The documentary follows the lives of surfers inhabiting this Pacific paradise.
Nagmahal, Nasaktan 1
- Si Astri Maka Si Tambullah (18:10) – Though tolerated, the romance between a transwoman and a young man living in a Sama Bajao village eventually comes in conflict with indigenous traditions.
- Ang Mga Panghinaut ni Tonyo (10:05) – Tonyo tries out an online dating app, he finds a suitable match, the night before the eyeball, Tonyo tries to allay his fears.
- Binibini (16:18) – A pregnancy gets in the way of Julia’s beauty pageant aspirations.
- First Time (29:57) – A past love returns, a secret unearthed.
- Nirvana (14:26) – A young man tries to save the life of the woman he loves. He makes a heartrending sacrifice.
- Alaala (4:54) – A man returns to his hometown and relives his yearnings.
Nagmahal, Nasaktan 2
Love hurts… Again.
- Hulagway (15:00) – A woman searches for answers in the hills of Mati.
- B(e)sh (20:00) – Dannika counts on Jayford as her besh and trusted confidante. She falls in love with Xander. The trio forms a bond hurdling a difficult phase of college life. Until something gets in the way.
- OLWA (9:25) – Margaux a fresh college grad and nursing a broken heart gets inspiring messages from an anonymous letter.
- Ako Ug si Lisa (29:45) – A young woman defies her parents and lives with her lover, it leads to deadly consequences.
- Ugma Puhon (15:30) – Ryan, a conspicuously awkward person, visits a leasable apartment graveyard situated near a community of informal settlers. When Ryan meets a local, Steph, he tries to bind a special friendship. But where Ryan finds comfort, permanence becomes as transient as souls of the living and the dead.
Friendships is the overlying theme of these films
- Usahan Nangluod ang Panganud sa Nabunturan (5:46) – Two friends want to join a parol making contest in the town, while scrounging for materials little did they know that the heavy rains signals the advent of typhoon Pablo.
- Best Friend Goals (15:44) – Faced with rejections and heartaches, two bestfriends turn to each other.
- Takna (12:09) – A schoolteacher holds a special bond with a young pupil who lost his mother in the deadly Roxas Night Market bombing.
- Baslayan (10:26) – A boy searches for a pen for his homework.
- Sore (10:22) – A man’s past comes to haunt him.
- Acceptance (5:28) – A troubled kids seeks to find hope and redemption.
- Daluhong (8:30) – A young man loses his friend to a mermaid.
Films which delves on personal struggles and concerns
- Bible Study (8:03) – A young man picks a very important lesson during a bible study.
- Kokak (8:55) – A middle-aged gay seeks out her identity in a bigoted community.
- Nowhere Girl (7:13) – A young writer, a fresh college graduate wanders around the city a little bit uncertain about life after graduation.
- Dunaw (7:54) – Earl, an emotional, aloof and with social anxiety teenager carries the burden of being domestically abused. He developed a defense mechanism of running away from anxiety and fear.
- Ikyas (9:18) – Jennyl, a mere conscience finds her way out of phantasm to drawback the lost hope and will to live. Sees the lifeless soul of one helpless girl.
- Dabid (3:45) – A modern-day retelling of David and Goliath.
- Si Elsa (13:18) – Elsa holds a deep dark secret.
- Bardusa (23:12) – The comings and goings of people in Sara’s life.
- Pirok (7:13) – For mysterious reasons a man finds himself teleported to different places everytime he blinks his eyes.
Films about Familial bond
- Mama (10:07) – A grieving kid still mourns the loss of his mother he sees hope in unlikely places.
- Redempsyon (14:10) – A woman seeks redemption in her faith, her husband thinks otherwise.
- Ferdie the Pet (9:29) – Sibling rivalry arises as they discuss where to bury Ferdie.
- Tagay (22:17) – A woman invites a man to join her for a drink, their alcohol-filled conversations unearth the past that binds them.
- Ocaso (13:32) – A grieving mother seeks for ways to reunite with her son.
- Inakay (23:12) – A mother’s love is tested in the time of a zombie outbreak.
- Kariton (28:00) – After losing her husband, Isay works hard to support their children by scavenging. One day, tragedy strikes.
- Luto (4:42) – The husband bears the brunt of his wife’s prepartum depression.
- Pukaw (15:00) – Robert dreams about his brother JunJun.
- Inahan (3:41) – A stubborn young woman disobeys her mother.
- Diskarne (9:32) – A daughter gets the courage to stop her sexually abusive father, based on factual events.
- Buwawan na Pantad (8:15) – Witnessing two generations of quarrying river sand, Ibrahim wants his grandson to chase his dreams far out to the sea.
Crime and Justice
Crimes and the victims quest for justice
- Scream (9:41) – The short film aims to raise awareness on cases of sexual assaults perpetrated against PWD particularly deaf-mutes.
- TFTA (13:55) – All is not what it seems on the internet.
- Konsensya (2:29) – A man steals money from the ministry, someone bothers him.
- Dagan (2:08) – In a deserted street a woman flees from what she suspects is a rapist.
- Look (5:10) – A man is consumed by his smartphone, rendered unaware of his surroundings.
- Paghandum (12:45) – A young woman’s life is turned upside down when she is violated.
- Kwits (15:00) – A father sets up his son’s killer to get even with him.
- Biyernes Santo (6:58) – During Good Friday, a holy day, a brutal anti-drug operation is conducted.
Davao Ngilngig Films
Films featured in the Ngilngig Film Festival
- Balbal (10:36) – Balong, a teenage boy is ordered by his sisters to watch their dead brother. Muted memories, issues and long-held grudges are unveiled.
- Meow (12:04) – a woman unintentionally attracts the presence of a demonic entity which mimics the sound of cats.
- Bahin (13:27) – Rucef loves Ella, but his friend Michael stands in the way.
- Bwesita (7:24) – Jake learns what came after his crime, the crippled girl he wronged will never leave him in peace.
- Tambag (5:53) – Leslie seeks advice from her friend to ease her mind from personal problems.
- Taguan (14:59) – A group of friends plays hide and seek in a farm, which is an abode of entities.
- Disiplina (3:38) – Our trash is our nightmare.
- Dalingsil (13:52) – A playful boy is led astray by mythical creatures.
- Takbo (9:21) – A family fleeing from personal problems finds themselves in a barrio populated by aswangs.
- Panabi (11:31) – A couple tries to salvage what is left of their relationship by hiking in the forest.
- Ang Pag-abot (3:47) – A girl strolling along the woods is pursued by an unidentified entity, later she discovers the entity is a visitor she has been expecting all along.
- Urom (6:39) – An internet celebrity makes a move that triggers a horrific experience.
AniMindanao (Animation in Mindanao)
A harvest of animated works from Mindanaoan animators
- Unos (3:47) – A father and his son battles out a wicked storm and a fierce sea creature.
- Cakes (4:10) – A young boy cheers up a downtrodden cake shop attendant.
- Cascade (4:18) – an animated short about a girl and her resentment towards her mother.
- Endeavor (4:40) – A tortoise is bogged down by the weight of his own shell.
- Escogido (3:43) – A young man fights for his dreams.
- Hurgesa (4:04) – A young boy’s fear of toys masks a deep secret.
- Is it my turn (5:19) – A short tale of two-lovelorn crabs.
- Kit (6:35) – Despite having a small skateboard Kit earns the respect of fellow skaters.
- Redd (4:24) – A little red monster lends his pencil to a blue monster, a chain of events unsettles the little monster.
- Out of the Paper (7:02) – A 2D animated character comes to life. But quickly realizes that the real world is not something he had hoped to be.
- El Verdad (4:43) – A homeless man is interviewd by a TV reporter promising him cash. He deceives the poor man.
- The Promise (5:01) – A young girl is trapped in a magical barrier, she meets three travelers each promising to find the missing half of the sacred key that will unlock the barrier.
- Si Ongka El Aspin (5:30) – An aspin (asong pinoy) searches for his master he had learned to love.
- The Glow (3:30) – A man finds a young abandoned baby, he raises her up, as she grew older, the man does something unexpected.
- Fuego (7:51) – In the deep forest, villagers seek to protect their fire from a swarm of light creatures wanting to possess the power of the Fuego.
Life is Here
Featured films from the 24-hour filmmaking race held in Davao City
- Puzzle (9:55) – Before meeting his Dabawenya fiancé, a foreigner must first discover the city of paradise- Davao City.
- Mamadlungay (06:11) – A young man decides to help enforce the ordinances of the city government.
- Life is Here (7:52) – Nursing a broken heart a photographer decides to visit the city for a brief sojourn.
- Layover (8:02) – Two tourists from two different places meet in a gift shop in the City, friendship blossoms as they spend their day around the city.
- Package (06:44) – A pair of motorcycle-riding henchmen is given a secret task of picking up mysterious packages across the city.
- Ang Kalinaw (9:49) – The iconic Ilaw ng Kalinaw clock tower along San Pedro Street acts as a familiar monument to a man trapped in time.
- Vlog (8:07) – A blogger and a vlogger roam around the various sights in the city hoping to uncover its true beauty.
- Dayo (6:48) – A Chinese magazine writer has serious misgivings about her writing assignment in Davao City, but one incident helps her see the city in a different light.
- Dinhi sa Atoa (8:49) – A street urchin is adopted by a kind Dabawenyo who gives her an important ljfe lesson.
- Adlaw ni Joy (7:11) – Joy rides a jeepney, deep in her thoughts is her impressions and misconceptions of a city and her people.
Guerrillas in the Midst
Products of the 2017 Guerrilla Film Workshop
- Si Ray (12:35) – A mentally-ill man in his early 30s with a huge fascination for all things mysterious and detectivelike solely witnesses a growing argument right beside their house and soon finds himself getting involved in a crime investigation.
- Dayong (20:45) – The health struggles of pregnant IP women in Geographically Isolated and Disadvantaged Areas (GIDAs).
- Panaghoy (25:14) – Jeanie, an outcast college student, got cheated by her boyfriend contemplates suicide.
- Uroom (4:15) – Andie unknowingly rented a haunted room during her stay in the city.
- Kaloy-i (9:22)
Full length films made by multi-awarded Mindanaoan filmmakers
- Tu Pug Imatuy (1 hour 30 mins) – “The right to kill” in Manobo, follows Lumad couple Obunay and Dawin who are uprooted from their traditional way of life after a military encounter.
- I Love You Thank You (1 hour 48 mins) – This is the story of three lost and jaded twenty-somethings whose intertwining lives share a common search for direction and purpose as they try to cope up with the joys and pains of quarter-life crisis in a place not their comfort zone.